I’d mobilize my thoughts on this or that polarizing event, only to watch the next day’s outrage demand an instant response. Again and again, week after week. With such an abundance of discord-spawning, nation-splitting controversies bombarding us daily, how do I choose just one?
Star Wars 31 inches figure Death Trooper painted action figure
- Slowdream Luxury Euro Sofa Cover Fabric Anti-Slip Lace Solid color Flocking Cushion Sofa Cover Single Double Three Slipcover 002, 90x180(Three Seat)
- Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s racist yearbook photo. The popular Democrat resorted to some desperate (and inconsistent) damage control after a photo of his medical school yearbook page went viral – complete with one figure in exaggerated blackface and another in a white KKK hood. It was never clear which figure (or either of them) was Northam; his story kept changing amid calls for his resignation. So far, he’s standing his ground. Takeaway: If neither figure in the photo was Northam, why would he have included it on his yearbook page? Granted, the photo might have been a tongue-in-cheek prank dating from less P.C. times, and we need to acknowledge that flippant young people are capable of growth. But Northam’s evasiveness does him no credit. Should he resign? Probably not. But he should have fessed up, admitted his youthful folly, and stressed how he’s matured. He squandered the potential for a “teachable moment.”
- Coats Yarn Red Heart E782.1949 Boutique Sashay Yarn, Salsa, Acrylic, Multicolour, 7.54x16.25x7.11 cmWhite 40 Elegant Wild Fish Mouth Cross Straps Stiletto High Heel Sandals Women's High Heel Sandals fashionable
- Gillette’s controversial “toxic masculinity” commercial. Sure, it was filled with images of enlightened males in nurturing roles, but the implication was that this isn’t the norm – that men need to be “tamed” if they’re to be considered fit members of post-#MeToo society. A gentle message designed to make us all sing “Kumbaya” only succeeded in fanning the flames of two increasingly bitter American factions: anti-masculine neo-puritans (including virtue-signaling feminist men) vs. defensive macho males and their allies. Takeaway: The Gillette commercial was probably well intentioned but irritatingly condescending toward half of humankind. For every male exhibiting loutish behavior, there must be five or more decent men who don’t. Yet we all need to be lectured? Sorry – not buying it (or the razor, for that matter)
- DC Super Hero Collection - Hitman by DC ComicsMermaid Rain Board Game by Mermaid Rain
- Sportagraphs Bernard Hinault SIGNED 10x8 FRAMED Photo Autograph Display Cycling AFTAL & COA PERFECT GIFT