I’d mobilize my thoughts on this or that polarizing event, only to watch the next day’s outrage demand an instant response. Again and again, week after week. With such an abundance of discord-spawning, nation-splitting controversies bombarding us daily, how do I choose just one?
color06 70 Wx84 L WinfreyDecor Queen Blanket Sheets Girlish Print Fancy Fashion Queen Lettering Floral Heart Shaped Ornaments Cute Anti-Static Throw 60 Wx60 L Dried pink Pink
- Printed Soft Blanket Premium Blanket,Cute Happy Young Teen Boys Posing Wearing Fashionable Beach Shorts Vector Diversity Kids Illustrations Set Microfiber Aqua Blanket for Couch Bed Living Room,W59.
- Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s racist yearbook photo. The popular Democrat resorted to some desperate (and inconsistent) damage control after a photo of his medical school yearbook page went viral – complete with one figure in exaggerated blackface and another in a white KKK hood. It was never clear which figure (or either of them) was Northam; his story kept changing amid calls for his resignation. So far, he’s standing his ground. Takeaway: If neither figure in the photo was Northam, why would he have included it on his yearbook page? Granted, the photo might have been a tongue-in-cheek prank dating from less P.C. times, and we need to acknowledge that flippant young people are capable of growth. But Northam’s evasiveness does him no credit. Should he resign? Probably not. But he should have fessed up, admitted his youthful folly, and stressed how he’s matured. He squandered the potential for a “teachable moment.”
- Skull Duvet Cover Set, 3D Print Floral Skull Bedding Set Soft Polyester with Zipper Closure,150x210cmSportagraphs Paul Gascoigne Signed New Shirt Name 19 Autograph England PROOF Gift Box COA PERFECT GIFT
- Gillette’s controversial “toxic masculinity” commercial. Sure, it was filled with images of enlightened males in nurturing roles, but the implication was that this isn’t the norm – that men need to be “tamed” if they’re to be considered fit members of post-#MeToo society. A gentle message designed to make us all sing “Kumbaya” only succeeded in fanning the flames of two increasingly bitter American factions: anti-masculine neo-puritans (including virtue-signaling feminist men) vs. defensive macho males and their allies. Takeaway: The Gillette commercial was probably well intentioned but irritatingly condescending toward half of humankind. For every male exhibiting loutish behavior, there must be five or more decent men who don’t. Yet we all need to be lectured? Sorry – not buying it (or the razor, for that matter)
- LIXIONG American Dual Use Fold Ladder Stool Multifunction Shelves Four Steps Ladder Bamboo, Wood color library stools (color Wood)W. Britain 16029 Loyalist Butler's Ranger Kneeling at Ready, 1780-1784
- 4 Channel Electric Remote Control RC Spider, Tricky Scary Radio Control RC Tarantula Toys