I’d mobilize my thoughts on this or that polarizing event, only to watch the next day’s outrage demand an instant response. Again and again, week after week. With such an abundance of discord-spawning, nation-splitting controversies bombarding us daily, how do I choose just one?
North Drift Natural Warring States Red Agate Pictographic Little Feet Le Sub-Barrel Bead Necklace Pendant Jewelry Accessories
- Moslion Space Blanket Astronaut in Spiral Stripes with Cola Hamburger in Starship Throw Blanket Flannel Home Decorative Soft Cozy Blankets 60x80 Inch for Adults Kids Sofa
- Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s racist yearbook photo. The popular Democrat resorted to some desperate (and inconsistent) damage control after a photo of his medical school yearbook page went viral – complete with one figure in exaggerated blackface and another in a white KKK hood. It was never clear which figure (or either of them) was Northam; his story kept changing amid calls for his resignation. So far, he’s standing his ground. Takeaway: If neither figure in the photo was Northam, why would he have included it on his yearbook page? Granted, the photo might have been a tongue-in-cheek prank dating from less P.C. times, and we need to acknowledge that flippant young people are capable of growth. But Northam’s evasiveness does him no credit. Should he resign? Probably not. But he should have fessed up, admitted his youthful folly, and stressed how he’s matured. He squandered the potential for a “teachable moment.”
- Pink 18IN 1-1 12 14 16 18 Kids bike Girls with alloy kickstand V-brake and backpedal brake as from 2 years BMX EditionQFFL tideng Step Stool Solid Wood Three-tiered Staircase Stool Dual-use Folding Step Stool Home Indoor Wooden Ladder 2 color Optional (color White)
- Gillette’s controversial “toxic masculinity” commercial. Sure, it was filled with images of enlightened males in nurturing roles, but the implication was that this isn’t the norm – that men need to be “tamed” if they’re to be considered fit members of post-#MeToo society. A gentle message designed to make us all sing “Kumbaya” only succeeded in fanning the flames of two increasingly bitter American factions: anti-masculine neo-puritans (including virtue-signaling feminist men) vs. defensive macho males and their allies. Takeaway: The Gillette commercial was probably well intentioned but irritatingly condescending toward half of humankind. For every male exhibiting loutish behavior, there must be five or more decent men who don’t. Yet we all need to be lectured? Sorry – not buying it (or the razor, for that matter)
- AS7 45x45cm Vska Pillow Insert Pillow Insert Home Decor Velvet Cushion Case for Sofa Bedroom Car Plaid Throw Pillowcase AS3 55x55cmBaoblaze Movable 16 Joints 1 4 BJD SD Small Chest Female Nude Body Doll Modern Girl Action Figures Plastic Toy
- Hulkbuster with box -Type1639 Titan Hero Series Avengers Infinity War Thanos Iron Spider Captain America Black Panther Iron Man Hulk Hulkbuster Figure Toys - Super Hero Figures for Boys