I’d mobilize my thoughts on this or that polarizing event, only to watch the next day’s outrage demand an instant response. Again and again, week after week. With such an abundance of discord-spawning, nation-splitting controversies bombarding us daily, how do I choose just one?
Multi-purpose Folding Ladder Stool Pine Ladders 3-step Ladder Portable Solid Wood Climb High Stool TAO LU SHOP
- STOWNN Mini Wifi Uav Four redor Remote Control Aircraft Real-Time Hd Aerial Four Axis Aircraft Model 2 Million Real-Time Camera
- Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s racist yearbook photo. The popular Democrat resorted to some desperate (and inconsistent) damage control after a photo of his medical school yearbook page went viral – complete with one figure in exaggerated blackface and another in a white KKK hood. It was never clear which figure (or either of them) was Northam; his story kept changing amid calls for his resignation. So far, he’s standing his ground. Takeaway: If neither figure in the photo was Northam, why would he have included it on his yearbook page? Granted, the photo might have been a tongue-in-cheek prank dating from less P.C. times, and we need to acknowledge that flippant young people are capable of growth. But Northam’s evasiveness does him no credit. Should he resign? Probably not. But he should have fessed up, admitted his youthful folly, and stressed how he’s matured. He squandered the potential for a “teachable moment.”
- Farmerly 1-Piece Embroidered Slipcovers Sofa Covers Non-Slip Cotton Quilted Corner Sectional Sofa Couch Cover Living Room Sofa Decoration Creamy White 04, 90x90cm 1 PieceGeneric 500pcs RC Plane Landing Gear Stopper Set Wheel Collar6x1.6 6x2.1 7x2.6 8x3.1 9x4.1 10x5.1mm Aeromodelling 6x1.6mm
- Gillette’s controversial “toxic masculinity” commercial. Sure, it was filled with images of enlightened males in nurturing roles, but the implication was that this isn’t the norm – that men need to be “tamed” if they’re to be considered fit members of post-#MeToo society. A gentle message designed to make us all sing “Kumbaya” only succeeded in fanning the flames of two increasingly bitter American factions: anti-masculine neo-puritans (including virtue-signaling feminist men) vs. defensive macho males and their allies. Takeaway: The Gillette commercial was probably well intentioned but irritatingly condescending toward half of humankind. For every male exhibiting loutish behavior, there must be five or more decent men who don’t. Yet we all need to be lectured? Sorry – not buying it (or the razor, for that matter)
- ZAIHW Travel Chair Slacker Chair, Super Compact, Folding Camping Stool Ultra Lightweight Backpacking & Camping Chair - Easily Portable, Fold & Compact for On The Go Travel (color Black)88 tees x BE @ RBRICK bare brick 100%
- Wrangler Men's Big Riggs Workwear Denim Shirt Antique bluee 4X