I’d mobilize my thoughts on this or that polarizing event, only to watch the next day’s outrage demand an instant response. Again and again, week after week. With such an abundance of discord-spawning, nation-splitting controversies bombarding us daily, how do I choose just one?
AquaCraft Decal Sheet UL-1 Superior
- color04 60 x70 Inch BelleAckerman Sand Free Beach Blanket Kids Birthday,Pastel colord Birthday Party Cake with Candles and Candies Celebration Image,Light Pink All Season Light Weight Living Room Bedroom 50 x60
- Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s racist yearbook photo. The popular Democrat resorted to some desperate (and inconsistent) damage control after a photo of his medical school yearbook page went viral – complete with one figure in exaggerated blackface and another in a white KKK hood. It was never clear which figure (or either of them) was Northam; his story kept changing amid calls for his resignation. So far, he’s standing his ground. Takeaway: If neither figure in the photo was Northam, why would he have included it on his yearbook page? Granted, the photo might have been a tongue-in-cheek prank dating from less P.C. times, and we need to acknowledge that flippant young people are capable of growth. But Northam’s evasiveness does him no credit. Should he resign? Probably not. But he should have fessed up, admitted his youthful folly, and stressed how he’s matured. He squandered the potential for a “teachable moment.”
- Ladder Stools Folding Engineering Aluminum Alloy Car Wash Station Photography Portable Removable Climbing StoolWinfreyDecor Tree of Life Super Soft Blankets Heart Shaped Bird Nest Sweet Home Quote Hope Family Partners in Nature Bedroom Warm 50 Wx60 L Black Green Pink
- Gillette’s controversial “toxic masculinity” commercial. Sure, it was filled with images of enlightened males in nurturing roles, but the implication was that this isn’t the norm – that men need to be “tamed” if they’re to be considered fit members of post-#MeToo society. A gentle message designed to make us all sing “Kumbaya” only succeeded in fanning the flames of two increasingly bitter American factions: anti-masculine neo-puritans (including virtue-signaling feminist men) vs. defensive macho males and their allies. Takeaway: The Gillette commercial was probably well intentioned but irritatingly condescending toward half of humankind. For every male exhibiting loutish behavior, there must be five or more decent men who don’t. Yet we all need to be lectured? Sorry – not buying it (or the razor, for that matter)
- color11 30 x50 Inch BelleAckerman Weighted Blanket for Kids Vintage,Lace Pattern Backdrop with Floral Composition Victorian Inspirations Wedding, Seafoam White Winter Luxury Plush Microfiber Fabric 50 x60 Namura specialties name of (Kolinsky) Extra (japan import)
- Birds of a Feather Card Game by Nothing Sacred Games