I’d mobilize my thoughts on this or that polarizing event, only to watch the next day’s outrage demand an instant response. Again and again, week after week. With such an abundance of discord-spawning, nation-splitting controversies bombarding us daily, how do I choose just one?
YIHANGG Reborn Baby Dolls Handmade Lifelike Realistic Silicone Vinyl Baby Doll Soft Simulation Red Princess Dress 22 Inch 56 Cm Eyes Open
- Elastic Sofa Cover Set for Living Room Sofa Towel Slip-Resistant Sofa Covers for Pets Strech Sofa Slipcover colour2, 3-Seater 195-230cm
- Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s racist yearbook photo. The popular Democrat resorted to some desperate (and inconsistent) damage control after a photo of his medical school yearbook page went viral – complete with one figure in exaggerated blackface and another in a white KKK hood. It was never clear which figure (or either of them) was Northam; his story kept changing amid calls for his resignation. So far, he’s standing his ground. Takeaway: If neither figure in the photo was Northam, why would he have included it on his yearbook page? Granted, the photo might have been a tongue-in-cheek prank dating from less P.C. times, and we need to acknowledge that flippant young people are capable of growth. But Northam’s evasiveness does him no credit. Should he resign? Probably not. But he should have fessed up, admitted his youthful folly, and stressed how he’s matured. He squandered the potential for a “teachable moment.”
- LGSVB Trolley bags fold 20 inches canvas male Female waterproof Handlebar dual purpose Travel bagsBrybelly GBIN-105 Professional Bingo Set with 19 Cage, 1.5 Balls and Heavy W
- Gillette’s controversial “toxic masculinity” commercial. Sure, it was filled with images of enlightened males in nurturing roles, but the implication was that this isn’t the norm – that men need to be “tamed” if they’re to be considered fit members of post-#MeToo society. A gentle message designed to make us all sing “Kumbaya” only succeeded in fanning the flames of two increasingly bitter American factions: anti-masculine neo-puritans (including virtue-signaling feminist men) vs. defensive macho males and their allies. Takeaway: The Gillette commercial was probably well intentioned but irritatingly condescending toward half of humankind. For every male exhibiting loutish behavior, there must be five or more decent men who don’t. Yet we all need to be lectured? Sorry – not buying it (or the razor, for that matter)
- Farmerly Modern Seat Sofa Covers Predector Plush Eco-Friendly Anti-Mite Sofa Slip Resistant Slipcover Couch Cover for Living Drawing Room Brown, 70x180cm1pcs Corner Elastic Sofa Cover Fabric Stretch Spandex Universal Armchair Furniture Covers Elastic Case on Corner Sofa Slipcover color 15, Three Seat 190-230cm
- C93 Comiket 93 Fate Grand Order FGO TYPE-MOON blanket Kato Danzo (Illustration Makoto Soga)