I’d mobilize my thoughts on this or that polarizing event, only to watch the next day’s outrage demand an instant response. Again and again, week after week. With such an abundance of discord-spawning, nation-splitting controversies bombarding us daily, how do I choose just one?
Generic Kingkong Q100 Frame 8520 Hollow Cup Motor + F3 Brush Flight Control + Propeller + Paddle Predection for FPV Small Quadcopter
- Gift 1970 1 24 Model Alloy Car Diecast House Decoration Toys Cars Vehicle Scale Simulation Collection Metal Present
- Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s racist yearbook photo. The popular Democrat resorted to some desperate (and inconsistent) damage control after a photo of his medical school yearbook page went viral – complete with one figure in exaggerated blackface and another in a white KKK hood. It was never clear which figure (or either of them) was Northam; his story kept changing amid calls for his resignation. So far, he’s standing his ground. Takeaway: If neither figure in the photo was Northam, why would he have included it on his yearbook page? Granted, the photo might have been a tongue-in-cheek prank dating from less P.C. times, and we need to acknowledge that flippant young people are capable of growth. But Northam’s evasiveness does him no credit. Should he resign? Probably not. But he should have fessed up, admitted his youthful folly, and stressed how he’s matured. He squandered the potential for a “teachable moment.”
- Farmerly Slipcovers Sofa Flower Pattern Cove Tight wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant sectional Elastic Full Sofa One Two Three Four seat 5, Two seat SofaHiya Toys Aliens Colonial Marines Armored Personnel Carrier 1 18 Scale Vehicle
- Gillette’s controversial “toxic masculinity” commercial. Sure, it was filled with images of enlightened males in nurturing roles, but the implication was that this isn’t the norm – that men need to be “tamed” if they’re to be considered fit members of post-#MeToo society. A gentle message designed to make us all sing “Kumbaya” only succeeded in fanning the flames of two increasingly bitter American factions: anti-masculine neo-puritans (including virtue-signaling feminist men) vs. defensive macho males and their allies. Takeaway: The Gillette commercial was probably well intentioned but irritatingly condescending toward half of humankind. For every male exhibiting loutish behavior, there must be five or more decent men who don’t. Yet we all need to be lectured? Sorry – not buying it (or the razor, for that matter)
- Generic XINGBAO 03023 Technic Series 2405PCS The Red Power Racing Car Set Building Blocks Bricks Educational Toys as Kids Christmas GiftFlower Print Ring BEIMEI 22 Style Giant Flamingo Float Party Tube - Inflatable Rafts, Adults & Kids (color Half watermelon)
- Cute Snowman Personalised Christmas New Year Holiday Party Thank You Cards