Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- WWE Big E & Xavier Woods Figure 2Pack Series 51
- Laliva qav250 Drone with Camera QAV 250 Carbon Fiber Quadcopter Frame F3 Flight Controller RS2205 2300KV Brushless Motor (color F3 10DOF Deluxe)
- Wisamic Mechanical Rocking Horse, Ride on Pony Toy Giddy Up Horse for Kids 36 Years Old
- Original Motor Kits for Parred Bebop Drone 2 A C Positive Negative Motors for FPV Quadcopter Parred Drone Accessories 1 Piece A
- color06 30 x50 Inch BelleAckerman Couch Blanket City,Street in Paris Cafe Illustration Holiday Theme Summer Season Eating Drinking Cartoon,Multicolor Super Soft Faux Fur Plush Decorative Blanket 50 x60
- Lotus 99T Formula One Car 1 20 Tamiya
- Farmerly WLIARLEO Cover for Couch Sofa Towel Solid Black Anti-Mite Cotton Polyester Slip-Resistant Slipcover Couch for Living Room,Home Sofa Cover 4, Double 215x260cm
- Minimalist Geometric Stripe Printing Sofa Predective Slipcover Case Anti-Dirty Dust-Proof Elastic Couch Seat Cover for Living 4, Single seat
- Tamiya mini F-1 Lotus 102B (mini F-1 28001)
- Monsters University - Monster Brights - Sulley by Monsters University
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with