Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Wewill Creative Light Up LED Inductive Teddy Bear Stuffed Animals Plush Toy colorful Glowing Teddy Bear Christmas Gift for Kids, 20- Inch 50CM(Pink)
- Ty Beanie Baby Baaabsy Lamb
- Webby Rain Forest 1-2-3 Musical Baby Gym, Multi color
- CXQ Cute Creative Shorthair Cat Cartoon Combination Corrugated Paper Cat House Cat Tent Cat Scratch Board Cat Litter Cat Sofa Toy
- PENTAX digital single-lens reflex camera K-5IIs body K-5IIsBODY low-pass filter-less 12052
- Peanuts Charlie Brown Speedster Wobbler Animated Musical Car by Gemmy by Gemmy
- J.R. Electric Locomotive Type EF651000 (Early Version Japan Freight Railway Renewal Design) (Model Train) (japan import)
- Makeover cloak Korilakkuma 100 120cm
- Stretch Sofa Cover All-Inclusive Sectional Throw Couch Corner Cover for Furniture Armchairs cogines para Sofa Home Decor color 17, 3-Seater 190-230cm
- Monocular Polarizing Microscope 40X 400X
- Runningtiger Unique Starry Sky Print Basic Multipurpose Backpacks for School for Kids Boys Girls Teenagers Daypack (CH1505D468 Green)
- Vaiana Single Duvet & Drawstring Bag Set,Kids Duvet, Official Licenced
- North 15 Men's Hooded Sweatshirt DTM Quilted Thermal Lined Zipper Front Small Black
- DX Deluxe MS IN ACTION RX-93 Gundam (japan import)
- Longbuyer Kids Birthday Wrinkle Free Tablecloths Baby Girl Birthday Celebration Party with Flags and Bears Cute Toys Print Round Tablecloth D 60 Light Pink
- Light bluee tower CYCY Yufan canvas bag middle school student backpack female Korean version of the tide Japanese and Korean computer backpack British College wind small fresh light bluee tower
- Stephen Joseph Cupcake Nap Mat, Pink Purple
- Inspirational Classrooms 7879600cm Equivalence Crunchers Educational Toy
- Loftus International Tube of Balloons - Make Your Own Blo It Plastic Balloons Novelty Item
- Owlette Prestige Tutu Pj Masks Costume, Red, Large (46X)
- LEGO 70172 Ultra Agents AntiMatter's Portal Hideout
- Bachmann Industries 40' Wood Reefer Merchant's Despatch (HO Scale)
- Kids Fun Megaphone 10W Bullhorn Megaphone with Siren by Sports Pro
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with