Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Trademark Fine Art Planifolia I by June Erica Vess, 14x19
- MPC Lunar Shuttle Rocket 3
- Slipcovers Sofa Tight wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant sectional Elastic Full Sofa Cover Towel Single Two Three Four-Seater Green, 70 70cm
- 1PCS 4PCS EMAX SimonK 12A 20A 30A 40A 60A 80A bec Speed Controller Brushless ESC for FPV Quadcopter Drone kit 4PCS 20A
- PJ From The Sock Monkey Family by Sock Monkey Family
- Vantaso Sheer Curtains 78 inch Long Cute Sloth Doodle for Kids Girls Bedroom Living Room Window Decorative 2 Panels
- YuGiOh Neos Wiseman (CSOCEN097) Crossroads of Chaos 1st Edition Secret Rare by YuGiOh
- Anyangeight Throw Blanket,Different Types of Ice Cream Pastel color Kids Design Pattern Retro Outlines 60 x50 ,Super Soft and Comfortable,Suitable for Sofas,Chairs,beds
- TianMai Diy 5D Diamond Painting Kit Crystals Diamond Embroidery Rhinestone Painting Pasted Paint By Number Kits Stitch Craft Kit Home Decor Wall Sticker Sunrise Lady Tree, 30X40Cm
- Generic GTBracing Baja Steering Column Positioning pin [5x53]2pcs
- Yang baby Remote Control Helicopter Small Fall RC Helicopter Remote Control Helicopter Gift Toy ( color 2 )
- Travel Journal Diary Notebook,Watercolor Flower,A5(6.1 x 8.6 ),for Travelers,Wild Flowers Drawing of Romantic Summer Theme Mother,
- Trademark Fine Art Spring Sentiments Pattern VIB
- GJJ Cycling Helmet Mountain Bike Helmet, Riding Equipment, Lightweight One-Piece Outdoor Riding Helmet Male,R,One size
- Zebra Print And Polka Dot Black Pink Personalised Hen Party Invitations
- Infinity Tohaa Gorgos Squad (2) BOX
- Delicious Sexy Rescue Me Costume Adult X-Small Small
- Hatsune Miku racing Ver.2018 Sports Towel 1 to about 110cm × 40cm
- Kids Karaoke Stand Microphone Adjustable Cool Music Microphone Toy with Light Effect Pink
- Silver Sable & Beetle Basher
- BZB Goods 4 Foot Tall Illuminated Halloween Inflatable Jack-O-Lantern Stack Decoration
- Vampire of Versailles Adult Costume
- SYFO Toy Statue Toy Model Cartoon Character Collection Crafts 18cm Bauble
- Generic Aluminium Steering Assembly for YETI Rock Racer 90026 bluee
- MATCH ATTAX 2018 19 Jamie Vardy Superstar Limited Edition Card LE8
- Christmas Tree Christmas Decorations Snow Casual Daypack Travel Bag College School Backpack for Mens and Women
- Small Leg Avenue Fantasy Snow Queen Costume (Large, Aqua)
- Max Factory Fate Grand Order Master Male Predagonist Figma Action Figure
- Generic JJRC H40WH RC Drone 2in1 Flying Tank Quadcopter WiFi FPV 720P HD RC Quadcopter Car Helicopter Toys RTF VS H37 H36 Black
- Magic Trick Mentalities By Stefan Olschewski Mentalism
- Classic World Pound and Tap Bench 2 in 1 Toy
- Ashton Sims Signed 16x12 Photo Autograph Display Warrington Wolves Memorabilia
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with