Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Toys Miracle Toys DC Toys Avengers 3 4 Joint Detachable Batman Panther Venom Clown ( color E )
- Generic 6 pcs Set Anime Figurines for Octonauts Building Blocks Model Captain Barnacles Kwazii Peso Shellington Dashi Tweak Assembly Toy 6pcs
- Purple Peach Butterflies by Purple Peach
- Modern Style Solid color Sofa Cover Wrinkle Slip Sofa Towel Cotton Linen Slip Sectional Sofa Four Seasons Usage Purple, 90x150cm
- Black & Yellow Watercolour Flowers Personalised Wedding Stationery Save The Date Cards
- Black & gold Sparkly Garland 50th Personalised Birthday Party Invitations
- Generic Gift F4RR Diavel 1 12 Model Motorcycle Car Collection Scale Alloy Parts Decoration Toys Static Motorbike Present bluee
- Generic LHI 2212 920kv Brushless Motor (5cw&5ccw) for F330 F550 X525 Multiredor Quadcopter Drone dron quadrocopter Rc Airplanes
- CrookhornDavis Men's Formal Silk 38mm Solid Braces Silver
- IMC Toys 030084 INVIZIMALS Temple of Light Uberjackel Playset Includes 2 Figures
- 19x Universal Pencil Case Style A
- HEBBY MAQTER 1 72 U106A Dtlta Darh ADWG
- 100pc. Mini Seaside Puzzle by Ceaco
- Brown Jacquard Textile color 2.25Oz colorless Extender Acrylic Paint
- Bachmann Industries False Front Resin Building Regal Cinema
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with