Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- 1PCS bluee Ice Silk Sofa Covers for Living Room White Simple Flowers Printed Non-Slip Mat Pads for Sectional Sofa Home Decor Sky bluee, 80 210cm
- Hasbro Year 2006 G.I. JOE Sigma 6 Series Action Figure Vehicle Set - COBRA H.I.S.S. TANK that Congreens to Transport Bunker with 8 Missiles, Cobra Flag and 2 Guns Plus Two 3Inch Tall Action Figures (Cobra Commander Figure and Cobra Trooper Figure)
- The Walking Dead The Board Game
- Remeehi 24 Stuffed Pig Couple Toy Soft Lying Pig Doll Plush for Toddlers
- Creek Ywh Home Nordic tablecloth tablecloth chair cushion chair cover set coffee table cloth lace fabric simple and modern, 1933 models, 150150cm
- Shopkins Kinstructions Scene Pack Building Set
- Up North Memorabilia Stephen Ireland Signed A4 Photo Framed Genuine Stoke City Autograph Display +COA
- Trademark Fine Art Garden Beauties VI by Curtis, 12x19
- Emvency Throw Blanket Warm Cozy Print Flannel Animal Christmas Deers Watercolor Winter Forest Cartoon Comfortable Soft for Bed Sofa and Couch 60x80 Inches
- Mega Bloks Skylanders Chompy Pack Attack
- Oversteer 1 64 MAZDA AXELA SEDAN (2014) Jet Black Mica
- CRM2409 AEO RC Brushless Outrunner Motor Metal Motor Contraredating Motor CRM2409 1400KV for Airplane Models w prop adapter w two propellers; large thrust strong power supply for Flying Models
- CQOZ Anime One Piece Great Route Man golden Lion Model Statue 19cm High Character Statue
- Sweet Jojo Designs Twin Sheet Watercolor Floral Collection3 Piece Setpink Flower, Black and bluesh Pink
- Character Card Box Collection Z X-Zillions of enemy X- shaman Meiraru & emperor dragon load of crimson red dragon (japan import)
- DIY Mural Digital Painting Abstract Painting Decorative Painting Painting Mural Frameless Painting Digital coloring Set, 40X50cm
- Murphy Pure Cardistry Wooden Trainers Pack of 7 Cards for Practise Training etc by TCC
- Car Wash, Water Gun High Pressure Multi-Function Portable Home German Car Wash Tool (color B-Water Gun)
- Forum Novelties Party Supplies, As Shown.
- Generic FUTABA R203GF 3CH 2.4GHz S-FHSS Receiver for 3PRKA 2PL 3PL 4PL
- 3dpink colorful Souvenirs, Pushkar, Rajasthan, India.-Iron on Heat Transfer, 8 by 8 , for White Material (ht_188211_1)
- MKKSB The way of making a passerby female lord Xia Zhiqiu Yu Ying Pear Pear cemetery Kato Hui Beautiful girl model decoration decorative anime doll Kato Hui black dress, anime model
- Scratch Racing Car Walker (Red)
- Littlest Pet Shop Pets on the Go 2104 Seahorse with Speedboat
- 100 120CM×180CM Designer Baby Play Mat Thick Playmat Baby Mat with NonToxic Safety Polyester NonSlip Carpet Baby Floor Mats Tiles Gym for Infants, Babies, Crawling,8,160CM×230CM
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with