Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- SHENTIANWEI European and American Ladies New Halloween Costume cos Black Witch Costume
- Seriously stick Battle Set (japan import)
- Yellow 50123CM QFFL tideng Step Stool Home Floor Type Folding Ladder Multifunctional Clothes Hanger Indoor Dual-use Step Stool (color PINK, Size 50 105CM)
- Cozy Flannel Blanket Masquerade Decorations Collection,Butterfly Masks for a Masquerade Italian Fantasy Floral Design Artwork,Pink Purple White Print Summer Quilt Comforter Bed or Couch 60 x35
- Cheers and Beers to 60 Years, 60th Birthday Party Balloons, Set of 3, 60th Birthday Party Decorations, 60th Birthday Ideas, Balloons, Metallic gold and Black, 60th Birthday Decorations
- X-Men Classic Iceman By Toybiz 1996 - Rare
- Maxx 0.8 Mini-Figure - Tokidoki Phonezies Series 1
- X-PLUS TOYS FAIRY TAIL Juvia Lockser limited Ver. PVC Figure[500 bodies of X-PLUS TOYS online shop limitation is sold limitedly.]
- BooKid Durable and colorful Circle Wooden Train Set Toy for Toddlers with Wooden Train Tracks and Train Track Accessories - Set Includes 19 Pieces Train Cars
- HBJP Toy Statue Toy Model Cartoon Character Gift Decoration 19CM Model (color Green)
- Backpacks Travel Bags Fashion Lightweight Printing Choolboy School Bag Laptop Backpack
- Classics Tree, Early Light 1.252 (5) by Woodland Scenics
- Vantaso Blankets Snow Winter Forest Deer Throws Soft Kids Girls Boys 50x60 inch
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with