Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- FullLaceWigs 22INCH Full Lace Wigs with Baby Hair Body Wave Glueless Wavy 360 Lace Wig Pre Plucked Natural Hairline Virgin Human Hair Wigs for Black Women 150% Density
- Big Party Pack Clear Plastic Plates 7 Party Supply 300 ct.
- Deluxe Cribbage Set, Solid Walnut Wood Continuous 3 Track Board with Brass Pegs, Deck of Cards and Canvas Storage Bag
- Transformers Age of Extinction Bumblebee vs Stinger
- 12 Assorted Wand Pens. Fairy & Princess Party Favors by Lil Princess
- Airplane Propell Gasket aperture is 5mm EP5030 6030 7035 1060 Props For RC Model Aircraft Replace GWS 7035 100pcs
- Amscan Ticket Roll Game Collection Party Accessory 12 Rolls
- LUCKSTAR Remote Control UAV Aircraft 2.4GHZ 4.5CH Dual Axis RC Airplane with Double Gyro & Headlamp Cool Boy's Kids' Toy (Black1)
- DC Heroclix The Joker's Wild Batman 016
- Guy punk Dolan Cars all seven set Get a cup of border
- LEGO City Coast Guard Sea Rescue Plane 60164 Building Kit (141 Piece)
- Cardinal Domino Tin Family Guy Game
- Lais Jigsaw Seagull coast Ireland 2000 pieces
- JUNMAO Doll 22 Inch Lifelike Reborn Baby Doll Girl Soft Silicone Full Body Realistic Reborn Toddlers Doll Look Real Eyes Open Newborn Baby Doll with Tutu Dress Outfits, Kids Gift & Playmate (Yellow, 55CM)
- YiZYiF Toddler Little Girls Christmas Red Striped Tulle Tutu Dresses Baby Xmas Costume
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with