Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Squishable Comfort Food Gingerbread Man 15 Plush
- 'The Snow Queen' Domino Set & Box (DM00011839)
- Oriental Furniture Mona Lisa Bamboo Blinds, 24-Inch Wide
- Robobloq Q-Dino Robot Kit & Kano Harry Potter Coding Kit
- Panasonic Light Beauty Instrument Light Este (for Body) Pink-Like Es-wh71-p
- [Agate] agete [K10 gold Earrings Charm] 1016111701716999
- Non-Slip mat Baby crawling mat Game pad Thick Removable Washable crawling mat Cartoon mat Baby crawling mat
- Free Earrings - SD Makoto
- Monopoly Game Cheaters Edition Board Game Value Pack Bonus
- Ferrari Laferrari F70 Red 1 24 by Bburago 26001 by Bburago
- LVLONG Big Bird Water Floating Row Ride, Swimming drifting Men And Women, Environmental Pvc 190cm pink
- Hall Crystal Flute 11201 - Inline Glass Piccolo in C - White Lily
- IMAX B6 Digital RC Lipo NiMh Battery Balance Charger+AC Power 12v 5A Adapter Whole Small Tamiya Plug
- HEY CLAY Animals - colorful Kids Modeling Air-Dry Clay, 18 Cans with Fun Interactive App
- Toy Story Clippity Clop Bullseye
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with