Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- WXS Miccostumes Women's Star Guardian Ahri Costume Pink Shining Skirt
- K'nex - Basic Case Set
- C Battery2 YXWJ 4WD High Speed Off Road Remote Control 2.4GHz Racing Vehicle Remote Control Car Off Road RTR Racing Monster Truck Gift For Kids Toddlers (color D, Size Battery2)
- bluee SeSDY Pet Nest Cat Supplies Cat Bed Felt Nest Woven Cotton Rope Four Seasons Universal Removable and Washable Non-Stick Cat Litter (color bluee)
- Red 9 US 9 AU Ellie shoes Womens 420-hero 420-hero
- Disney Jack Skellington Reversible ''Tsum Tsum'' Plush Mini
- Pinta French Flag Football Cub Cool School Book Bag Backpacks for Girl's Boy's
- NFL Baltimore Ravens Ronnie Stanley Limited Edition OYO Minifigure
- Trademark Fine Art Tuscan Villa I by Jennifer Paxton Parker, 14x19
- Summer Cooling Geometric Pattern Mat Rattan Sofa Cover Breathable Non-Slip Modern Home Textile Sofa Towel for 30 Sizes color 3, 70x120cm
- Philos Bamboo Mancala Game by Philos, Philos
- Three Tokens Required, A 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle by Cobble Hill by Cobble Hill
- Animal Jamboree Mix + Match
- OneHoney Doodle Ultra Soft 4 Pieces Bedding Sets, Cinema Items Combined in an Abstract Style Popcorn Movie Reel The End Theatre Masks, Luxury Decorative Bedspread Duvet Cover Set, Multicolor
- Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny Ryofu Housen Gothic Lolita Pink Ver PVC Figure
- TY Beanie Babies M&Ms Bear [Toy]
- Trademark Fine Art Abstract Lobster IV by Erin McGee Ferrell, 14x14
- gold Curator Spoof Expression Throw Pillow Sofa Plush Foam Cushion
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with