Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- FPVOK 0.9Ghz 1500mW FPV System Video Transmitter and Receiver 900MHz Wireless AV Link CCTV 0.9Ghz Tx Rx Set
- Red Lanbinxiang@ M Code Safety Helmet, Outdoor Sports Comprehensive Predective Helmet, Suitable for Head Circumference 54-58 cm. Safety (color Black)
- Disney Cars Laser Control Meter [Toy] (japan import)
- Super Robot Battle of the series XX-07 Getter Dragon
- EZ Grasp Puzzle Provence Market, 300 Pieces by Mixed
- Pokemon Legendary Lucario 3 Inch Action Figure (Series 2)
- Set of Three On The Bed Hexagon Pink Geometric Minimalistic color Home Bedding Duvet Cover Set Bed Sheets Set Soft Comfortable Breathable King Size
- Artemio Border Craft Punch Hearts, MultiColour
- MONOPOLY Rolling Stones Collector's Edition
- Caoyu Wall-mounted magazine rack, wrought iron wall shelf rack Bookcase storage shelf (color BLACK)
- Ferrofluid Display Hydromagnetic Casebottle Novelty Decompression Toy
- Trademark Fine Art 32 by Natasha Wescoat, 14x19 Canvas Wall Art
- Puzzle Within a Puzzle Hidden Pictures By Larry Evans 550 Pieces by Great American Puzzle Factory
- Konnor Signed A4 Framed Photo Display WWE Wrestling Autograph Memorabilia + COA
- redhco Khaki Vintage Star Backpack w Red Star 9165
- Stuffed oversized bear teddy bear cute bear animal large Kumanuigurumi bear stuffed toy bear pillow celebration fluffy stuffed (2m) (image-wise)
- Detective Conan Toru Amuro shoes pumps ver. 23.5cm
- Half Watermelon BEIMEI 22 Style Giant Flamingo Float Party Tube - Inflatable Rafts, Adults & Kids (color White feather)
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with