Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- 1PC All-Inclusive Elastic Sofa Cover All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Tight Wrap Sofa Couch Towel Case Single Two Three Four-Seater C, Single seat
- The Stupell Home Decor Collection Bath Lattice Over The Door Organizer Basket
- Pink, Black & White Damask Personalised Party Invitations Invites & Envelopes
- Magic Trick Lost Souls Chop Cup (Large) by Mike Busby Halloween Themed Close Up
- Aurora Classic Disney Princess Sleeping Beauty Costume, Small 46X
- YOYI-HOME Fleece Duplex Printed Blanket 300 GSM Digital Pixel Dots Featured Portrait of Red Fox Face Trendy Computer Art Print Cream Ginger Reversible Super Soft Warm Fuzzy Bed Blanket W39.5 x H59
- Trademark Fine Art Free Agency Matted Framed Art by Geoffrey Ansel Agrons in Black Frame, 16 by 20-Inch
- Creatures Of Galaxy Star Wars Java Set of 2 1 6 scale plastic-painted action figure
- LF All Solid Wood Stool Home Fashion shoes Stool Creative Small Bench LF
- Getter 1 - Série T-0-P Collection - Statue PVC - 17 cm
- Yellow 3x5m LPKH Tarpaulin Waterproof Sunscreen Tarpaulin Truck Canvas PVC Waterproof Tarp Ground Sheet Cover Waterproof Cover (color Yellow, Size 6x10M)
- Eduard Weekend 1 48 - MiG-21MF - EDK84126 by Eduard
- Sweet Collection Lifelike Reborn Baby Doll Princess 8-Piece Gift Set 22 Soft Vinyl Weighted Realistic Girl Interactive Birthday&Xmas Gift
- Toy Statue Toy Model Cartoon Character Gift Souvenir 18CM QYSZYG
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with