Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- White Rubber Button Piano Cabinet Bumper 5 16 Set of 10
- Superhero Cape for KidsSpiderman Cape and Mask Cosplay Costumes Set for Kids (3 Sets)
- Multi 48 by 60 inches Disney's Frozen, Frozen Day Woven Tapestry Throw Blanket, 48 x 60
- 150+ Army Military Play Set Soldiers Missiles Trucks Planes Blockade Walls
- 60A 80A 100A 125A 200A Brushless Water Cooling Electric Speed Controller ESC with 5V 3A BEC for RC Boat Model 200A
- Farmerly All-Inclusive Folding Sofa Bed Cover No armrest Sofa Cover Slipcover Polyester Fabric Whole Turnkey Seasons Cloth Art 160-180cm color 11, D185 to 200cm
- ZEQUAN Anime Statue Toy Model Game League Of Legends Champion Blade Rui Wen Figure Toy Statue Decoration Souvenir Collectibles Crafts 20CM
- Fit 99% Sofa 1 2 3 4 Seater Sofa Cover Tight wrap All-Inclusive sectional Elastic seat Sofa Covers Couch Covering Slipcovers 5894, 3 Seater 190-230cm
- Disney Fairies Magical Makeover Room Trunk
- WANGKM Assembled Building Blocks Remote Control Drone Aircraft Led Light Pressure Fixed Height 360 ° Roll Four-axis Aircraft Toy Wifi Aerial Photography
- Aloha Shirts Sheet of 20 Mint NH US Postage 32c Stamps 45924596 by USPS
- Little Virtuoso Idol Maker Microphone Limited Edition Pink
- C.C. Designs Doodle Dragon Double Trouble Cling Stamp, 3.25 x 3
- PROJECT BM No.56 Kamen Rider OOO (GataKiriBa Combo)
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with