Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Chamberart Neuschwanstein Castle Winter - 500 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle [Pouch Included]
- WCS Solid wood household ladder multi-function folding ladder indoor ascend three-step herringbone ladder thickening dual-use ladder stool stair chair 42 × 55× 68cm,38 × 46× 50cm
- A WINNNGOO Drone Foldable Quadcopter 2.4GHz Full HD Camera WiFi FPV Live Video G-Sensor Nano Drone Intelligent Battery Headless Mode Voice Control RC Helicopter
- American Educational Eye Model Activity Set
- Generic Area RC Front diff Bracket for LOSI DBXL Black
- 1PC Plaid Plush Fabric Sofa Cover European Style Soft Slip Resistant Slipcover Seat Couch Cover Sofa Towel for Living Room Decor Grey 1pcs, 90x90cm 1pcs
- My Melody mascot earphone (japan import) by Sanrio
- Vintage BLARF - Backwards..Left..Any Straight Angle..Right..Forward Game
- Mrs Grossman On The Farm Stickers
- Dicon Audio Guitar Effect Pedal Board Case Storage Rack 21”x 12”
- Hornby R3373 BR Class 71 E5001 Green
- Study for Suburbs of a Paranoiac Critical Town 1935 Salvador Dali Poster Canvas Picture Art Print Premium Quality A0 A1 A2 A3 A4 (A0 Canvas (30 40))
- Ice Skating Birthday Party Invitations Boys, 20 5 x7 Fill in Cards Twenty White Envelopes AmandaCreation
- Italeri 0407S 1 35 WWII Diorama Accessories, 0407S
- ImpressArt Steel Stamping Block Small Size with Rubber Feet 1 Piece Steel
- 1 43rd Pit Showcase by RACING CHAMPIONS
- Penny Black Way Cool Clear Stamps Sheet, 5 x 6.5 by Penny Black
- Furby Boom Figure (Straight Stripes)
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with