SAVE THE DATES
Pandora's Box 5s 1299 in 1 Jamma Board Arcade Game Console PCB Support VGA HDMI Output Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Pink Duvet Cover Set,Queen Size,Latin America Culture Inspired Ethnic Sombrero and Cactuses Worn Decorative,Decorative 3 Piece Bedding Set with 2 Pillow Sham,Best Gift For Girls Women,orange Seafoam Y
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman ChezMax Square Rectangle Solid Pinkycolor Printed Stuffed Cushion Corduroy Lattice Stuffing Throw Pillow Insert for Bed Room Sofa Couch Chair Back Seat: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Rainbow Vision Sand Picture Small Size Outer Space
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Deportes Martinez El Santo Lycra Lucha Libre Luchador Mask Adult Size
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Oncegod Comfort Blanket Anna Retro Style Girls Name Bedding Throw, or Blanket Sheet 93 W x 71 LFytoo Lipo Battery, 5PCS 3.7V 900mAh 30C Lipo Battery Original Visuo, Accessory for XS809 XS809HC XS809HW XS809W Foldable RC Quadcopter DroneSilverLit 20210 Exost Fury Cross Radio Control Car and Mini Flip, Assorted, 29cm
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to email@example.com. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Spaceright Europe 99027 100 Show'N'Tell Plain Rigid Flashcard (Size A4, Pack of 100)Black Creations The Evil Within 2 Video Game Poster Canvas Picture Art Print Premium Quality A0 A1 A2 A3 A4 (A0 Canvas (30 40))Lucky Star Konata Izumi PVC FigureWinter Story E Award for Best Lottery Ship This Haruna and The Gambier Bay Kanmusume Kuriato Suzuya
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
The New York Times Crossword Companion RollAPuzzle Refill 48 Crossword Puzzles Volume 3 Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Toybiz Spiderman BladeVampire Hunter Vampire Wars Moc From 1996
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
103pc. Wooden Art Set by Creatology
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Fun Central AC809 96 Counts LED Light up Flashing, Blinky Jelly Rings,Assorted Styles and colors Kids Party Supply and Toys Birthday Party Favors, Giveaways, Goodie Bag Fillers, Gifts, Prizes.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- Suedine Suede Look Fabric 10 Metres, High Quality Polyester Fabric with a Suede Feel Finish. Lime
- McDonalds SPACE JAM 3 Marvin the Martian, 1996
- Xanavi Nismo fits Nissan Z 2004 JGTC Team & Drivers Champion (Satoshi Motoyama) 1 With Driver Figure 1 18 Autoart 80485 [Special Edition]
- golden Gate National Parks Conservancy The Tallest Tree Cardboard Nesting Stacking Blocks
- Thaddeus Mens Harry LS 100% Cotton Thermal Henley Winter Sky Medium
- LsWOW Flannel Fleece Blanket Teens Girls,Beautiful Woman in Bath Tub Spa Treatment Relaxing Concept Vintage Style,Pink Dark Grey Reversible Soft Fabric for Couch Sofa Easy Care 60 x62
- Kaim VOLANTEXRC 795 2 Waterproof RC Boat 28kmh Speedboat Summer Water Toy
- Grimm Trading card Box by Breygent
- color15 47 x 59in BEICICI Super Soft Flannel Thicken Blanket Watchtower of Forbidden City at Sunset Beijing Sofa Bed or Bed 3D Printing Cool Quilt
- Busch 5903 Crossing Blinkers (2) by Busch
- Savannah Masai 3000 Piece Jigsaw Cardboard Puzzle Games
- FidgetGear Cat 980G Wheel Loader 1 50 Diecast Model Construction Vehicles 55027
- The 2015 United Kingdom Annual Coin Set by The Royal Mint
- Angel Girl Abstract Oil Painting Paint Picture by Numbers Paintings coloring by Hand Unique Gift Room Decor Home Decoration 50x60CM
- IIWOJ Reborn Baby Doll Simulated Big-Eyed Soft Silicone Doll 40cm Photography Props
- FLy scalextric Alfa Romeo Giulia Rally Costa Brava 1976 DE Ref.-88127
- Tamiya Mini 4WD Car Model Emperor Superstar 18074 S2 Chassis Modify Car Model(Not Assembled)
- 2018 New Creative Floral Sofa Cover Synthetic Hair slipcovers fundas de Sofa sectional Couch Covers Home Textile Sofa Towels dec 4, 70mul210cm
- Rye Field Model Tiger I Gruppe Fehrmann Tank Model Kit
- Flotor 5inch 245mm Acro Freestyle Frame 5mm arms Quadcopter Frame kit Drone
- [STUDIO27 studio 27] 1 20 McLaren MP4 5 Grade Up Parts
- D 180cmx200cm HLMIN Pure Coton Baby Crawling Mat Super Soft Smooth Touch Foldable Super Thick Anti-slip For Bed Floor (color E, Size 200cmx220cm)
- Trademark Fine Art ALI36239C1219GG Fine Art, Multicolor
- Aluminium-Dibond image 100 x 70 cm stock pirates , image on a Aluminium-Dibond
- Bob The Train Mini Letter Toy Figure, Train Value Pack
- BULING Gothic 4pc Bedding Set Full Size, Portrait of Steampunk Woman with Medieval Vintage Outfit Historic Fashion Art Photo Floral Lightweight Microfiber Duvet Cover Set, Brown Teal
- HOLA SUNNY Unisex Animal Onesie Costume for Women Men Cosplay Party Gift
- Christmas Lettering gold Xmas Deer Casual Daypack Travel Bag College School Backpack for Mens and Women
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- FidgetKute [100 PCS] MR1282RS (8x12x3.5 mm) Rubber Ball Bearings Bearing MR128RS orange, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Unipak 14 Plush Beige Bear to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
Jakks Wf Bad Boys Series 4 VaderGeneric RC Car 1 12 1 16 4WD Rock Crawlers 4x4 Driving Car Double Motors Drive Bigfoot Car Remote Control Car Model OffRoad Vehicle Toy 28cm Red
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
CXQ Dog Cat Beauty Comb Pet Open Knot Knife Needle Comb Hair Removal Pet Supplies
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Schleich 14795 Forest Animals FC 4 Pieces
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.