SAVE THE DATES
Laliva FPV 1 4 C 18X Zoom 1080P HD Wide Angle Camera PAL NTSC with HDMI DVR Recorder FPV Camera for RC Transmitter with Controller Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle Nan Ga Tenjite Kunaazaru Nantenkuzaru by appleone
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Tamiya Models Dragon Wagon 40 Ton Tank Transporter Dragon Wagon, Beige: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
IPrint Pink Duvet Cover Set,Queen Size,View of Folkloric Serape Blanket Charro Hat and Music Instruments,Decorative 3 Piece Bedding Set with 2 Pillow Sham,Best Gift for Girls Women,Fuchsia Purple
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Elephant, colorful Picture Art Peel & Stick Vinyl Wall Decal Sticker 40x45 Inches As Seen Deer 116
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Shop kit leaf coffee shop of 8787 Billy handmade dollhouse kit street corner (japan import)Speed Passion Ultra Sportsman Version 2.0 11.5T (SPF11V2)Figuarts ZERO One Piece Bartholomew Kuma
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to email@example.com. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Trademark Fine Art Bear Market Art by Ethan Harper, 14x19Jungle Buddies Hanging Cutouts (3)Bachmann Industries 1012 Baldwin 460 Steam Locomotive and Tender DCC Equipped Southern Train Car, Green with gold Stripes, N ScaleRTO AM1641 Diamond Mosaic Embroidery Kit 25X25cmSweet Tooth Owl, Sweet
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
Old Modern Handicrafts Cutty Sark Collectible, Small Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Beauty Decor Romantic Theme Bed Blanket 50x60 inch Flannel Blankets Half Circle Shapes with Polka Dots Throw Blanket for Bedroom Living Rooms Sofa Throw Cover
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
Balance puzzle Moomin Moomin family and his friends
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Generic 1 72 Alloy car Models, high Simulation S300 Missile Launch Vehicle Model, Plastic diecasts, Toy Vehicles,.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- Ben 10 DNA Alien Heroes Humungousaur Action Figure 6inch
- Star Trek Voyager Seven of Nine Starfleet Command 4.5 Action Figure [Toy]
- SUMO DUDES (Hot New Game) by Sumo Dudes
- Sets of 5 Monster Themed Squeeze Cars by GetSet2Save
- Ch&Ch Goku Dragon Ball Anime motorcycle hand to do
- Party Dimensions 20 Count Plastic Cups, 10Ounce, Neonsorange, Pink, Green or, bluee
- Walthers Cornerstone 9333007 2 Stall Enginehouse
- RenteriaDecor Hedgehog Flannel Blanket Cartoon Bird Tree Blanket 60 x36
- Disney Sofia the First color it Tiara & Necklace
- Abstract018bst9843 Twin Size 4 Pieces Bed Sheets Set Full Size, Cute Cartoon Rabbit Bunny and colorful Eggs 3D Print Floral Duvet Cover Set
- Kyosho Big Damper Spring orange 5.52.3 L = 40mm Parts for RC IG159550
- Strollers High Landscape Can Sit Reclining Folding Shock Two-way Four-wheel Stroller (red) (bluee) 85 56 113cm ( color Red )
- Guane Black and White Digital Printing Blanket Monochrome Pattern with X Shape Intersecting Lines Grid Mesh Abstract Summer Quilt Comforter 60 x50 Black White
- Sofa Slipcover Cover Fashion Couch Cover Grey Cover Sofa Modern Style Brown Beige Printing Soft Seat Cotton and Linen Thin Sofa color5, 1pc 90x90cm
- My Little Pony 35th Anniversary Complete Set of Re-Issue of Generation 1 Ponies 4.5
- XBWJ Marvel Avengers 3 Wireless War MK43 Iron Man Toys for Boys, Iron Man Toys Action Figures - 7 Inch
- Ocean 7 Inflate-the-Bull Assortment, bluee
- Outdoor Folding Table Chair Camping Aluminium Alloy Picnic Table Waterproof Durable Folding Metal Table (Size 90X58cm)
- 1. 3.2. Value Dekotora extra series No.7. Shiina dispatch Fukusuke Plastic
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Evil Space Aliens EYE POPPING EYE GUY Action Figure. New in Package.
- Gundam X Allenby PVC Figure
- Ashton JOEY BACKSTAGE RD Mini Guitar
- Grey CYCY Nick Shangpin Schoolbag female largecapacity backpack Korean version of ulzzang high school students Sen ancient feeling girl ins backpack yellow
- Yugioh Dragons Collide Single Card Card Trader SDDC-EN033 Common by Yu-Gi-Oh
- Black for Mavic Air Front Left Rantow Mavic Repair Part Motor Arm - Front Left Front Right Rear Left Rear Right Full Arm with Motor Compatible with DJI Mavic Pro Mavic air Mavic 2 Mavic Pro Platinum Drone (Front Right, Black for Mavic Platinum
- JMT Aluminum Alloy Case Multifunction 3 Channel 3CH ESC Servo Tester Digital Analog CCPM Consistency Master Checker Tester
- Black Creations Water Stones 9 Poster Canvas Picture Art Print Premium Quality A0 A1 A2 A3 A4 (A0 Canvas (30 40))
- D DOLITY 17DOF Biped Robot Educational Robot Kit 17 Degrees of Freedom Humanoid Humanoids Walking feet Servo Bracket Kit, Toy, Play
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- Alhambra Big Box Special Edition, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Madame Alexander 10 Queen of Hearts (Alice In Wonderland Collection) to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Questions? Email Kikioo Friction Inertial Vehicles 6 Pack Mini Construction Vehicles Race Car Toy Pull Back and Go Car Toy Play Set Party & Cake Decorations Ideal Educational Toy Toddlers, Boys Girls Aged 3, 4, 5, 6 or Laura Sellers, NewsTrain project co-directors.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
Laliva 1pcs Flysky FSRM003 2.4G Transmitter Module with Antenna Compatible AFHDS 2A Only for FSTH9X TransmitterSquishable Pink Donut Plush 15 [Toy]
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
Steiff lari Penguin Plush, Black White
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.OxOHome Horses Bedding SetsClassic Swedish Dalecarlian Coral Azure bluee Animals and Green Floral Arrangement Duvet Cover Sets Full Bedding Comforter Cover Sets Soft Bedding Collections
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.